Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jon B...Our Underrated 'Blue Eyed' Soul Brother!


Many of you may remember that before Robin Thicke ever hit the scene, Jon B. had lain some good ground work for the success Robin experienced!

As many former label artists have done, Jon B. has chosen to distribute his latest project independently to have better control over his music.

Unfortunately, without the wide radio play and an even wider distribution system that most labels provide, Jon B.'s album, "Helpless Romantic" has gotten lost in the shuffle.

But, I believe that 6 out of his 14 tracks are on fire! No, this is a high number for me, because I only find 1 or 2 tracks per album that I would run on my podcast/ radio show, so this is an excellent rating from Ashan Rachelle!

His website hasn't been updated since 2005, it seems, but you can visit is MySpace page www.myspace.com/jonboogotti for clips and information on how to buy his album.

Since I haven't seen Jon B. albums in abundance at Best Buy or WalMart, you'll probably have to buy it online, but...this one is worth it, if you have enjoyed his music in the past.

Click to hear "Part of You"

1 comment:

  1. ok, first we will have to agree to disagree on this being a must have. I thought was sucked. I mean there was probably 2 songs I would actually listen to more then twice. It was not "fire" but like i said we will agree to disagree. And as for laying down for Robin, they were on the scene at the same time. They both wrote and produced for Color Me Badd's first cd. Jon just got released before Robin, but Robin wrote and charted behind the scenes while Babyface released Jon.Personnaly I like them both and dont see the reason to compare one to the other.

    ReplyDelete